
Yay! Love the sound of those words. It's not much but I grew it all myself without pesticides and just a little bit of miracle gro. Added to last night's iceberg salad were: Some small leaves of swiss chard (Lucillus) which added a juicy /salty crunch, edible chrysanthemum (shungiku) which was pleasantly tangy, one Borage leaf which tasted ok but was a little too hairy for inexperienced palates, and some arugula. I have never tasted arugula before but I read alot about it on the foodie blogs. Trendy Italians eat it so it hast to be good , right? Arugula is probably the most disgusting salad ingredient I ever had the displeasure of tasting. I dont know why people eat it when there are so many other leafy green things you can put in a salad. It gives a stange and strong off-flavor to everything it touches and even after you swallow it it's not really gone. Oh well. Now I know.
3 comments:
We used to live in Michigan, I don't miss the humidity, BUt I do miss longer growing season! I am glad to discover your blog, it has good stuff to learn.
Whatever are you talking about? Arugula is delicious and peppery.I adore arugula but you know what makes a disgusting salad? Mustard greens. That's a mistake I only made once. Congratulations on a lovely first harvest.
Gosh thanks Rosie...I'm flattered that someone out there feels they might actually learn something from my ramblings. I suddenly feel the responsibility...now I have to be careful that I don't blather on about some nonsense BS like a total idiot...
Mustard salad, I remember that post coriander, wasnt it the "fire salad from hell" or something like that?
Post a Comment