Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Nursery: Before and After



That's $11 for the shoplite, $14 for 2 "plant spectrum" bulbs, $2 for the little socket-plug converter thingy (so I can plug the shoplite into the ceiling fixture cause the washer and dryer take up the ONLY outlet) and $12 for the 2 flats w/domes and 8 qt. of starter mix. Of course I plan to save and re-use the little 6 packs for the next 20 years to justify the initial expense. I know this setup is not very imaginitive, but hey, it sure beats eggcartons on the windowsill. Now I just need to find the space around the house to put in about 15 more of these shoplite grow-units and I estimate I'll have almost enough space to start the seeds for all the crap I plan to grow this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is perfect! What a great use of space. Now I just need to do this in about 30 places around my home.

Anonymous said...

Your right. It really does beat the egg cartons in the windowsill. :-)
You have a great blog.

Farmgirl Susan said...

I love it! : )