Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Kitchen Faucet


Picked it up at Ikea for $50. Isn't it beautiful? I like it because it is so tall, I can rinse out gallon milk containers with ease, wash the biggest pots without jockeying aroung the old small faucet. See how small the old one was in the pic on the right? Plus the new one has a very cool looking sideways handle. I installed it all by myself and it doesn't even leak so I am feeling pretty invincible right about now. We also had fun shopping for the necessary nipples too, mainly because once we were told by the big plumber sales guy at the plumbing supply store the actual name of the little connector thingys we needed, it was hard to keep from giggling.

Like the brush on the left? It has a suction cup on the bottom. I had to have it. Please ignore the bowl of kitchen scraps, it's been way too cold these past 3 days to take it the 7 steps out the back door to the compost pile. It doesn't stink yet so I figure oh well.

2 comments:

Darol Allen said...

Neato! What does the suction cup on the brush do?

Anonymous said...

Your younger brother would be proud of you and the fact that you installed the faucet. He did the same at his house. Your many talents amaze me. semaj36@comcast.net