Friday, April 24, 2009

You just cant find good help these days

So our neighbor who owns a landscaping business was supposed to strip 1400 square feet of sod out of my backyard last Friday, which he delayed to Monday, which the weather did not permit until the end of the week (which is NOW) and this morning we called him (left a message) as to what time he was coming today, to which he called back half an hour later with a story of how he JUST found out today that his sod-cutter JUST broke and that we would need to pay him an extra $60 on top of the previously agreed-upon price so he could go to Home Depot and rent one. As if!

I got all the raised bed frames put together, some of them out back and some sitting in the garage, I got a shelf full of root-bound brassicas that should have been planted out two weeks ago, and now I have an unexpected date this Saturday with some heavy machinery -I'll rent the thing and do it myself rather than give the bonehead down the street any business after what he pulled. How hard can sod removal be, anyway?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFU8tHGh3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfNamqbBUw&feature=related

No comments: