Gave the onion sprouts their first haircut the other day....don't they look just all spiffy with their new do? It's been a week of scrapbook milestones hasn't it. They were growing all crazy falling over each other and up into the growlight, so I must have read once upon a time that you're supposed to snip them down to get them to grow straight and bulk up. So I did. And if I were really frugal and resourceful I would have made a lovely pesto with the trimmings...but I just composted them instead. I know, how original. Oh, and by the way, my Baker Creek order came today, and guess what? They sent me an Orange Fleshed Purple Smudge, just exactly like I ordered! Except that instead of the 10 seeds per pack listed on the site, there must be about 30 in there! The seed envelope was just plain white, instead of sporting the typical Baker Creek artwork, so they must have scrambled and found an outside source. Two thumbs up Baker Creek! Plus, my free bonus seeds are yellow marconi peppers-something I don't already have and will definitely enjoy growing.
Reclaiming The Sunflowers
2 days ago

2 comments:
I'm pleased to hear you got 2 bonus payments. Don't tell the Dept. of Agri or you'll be taxed @ 90%. I got some yellow macaroni & peppers but I think I'd just get good mulch if I planted them together. JFG
They look very well grommed. I have heard good things about marconi peppers and the 'one' that I ate last year was good (I don't think they were happy with our lack of sun last year).
Post a Comment